Policy: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) for short term rental guests
Property Providers key priority is supporting you to live better. With this in mind, we want to give you confidence we are actively working to protect the health of all guests, property owners and our staff.
Here is what we are doing at a company-wide level to protect our clients, tenants, guests and staff:
Health and Safety First:
Before arrival, guests should check the latest NSW Travel Advice and NSW Government COVID-19 Advice. If you are required to quarantine or self-isolate, please follow all directives, as penalties can apply. We urge you to keep updated with the latest COVID-19 updates and local Australian media as this advice may change at any time.
All homes are being deep cleaned after every check out, and we are taking precautionary measures for our cleaning teams’ safety. However, we cannot guarantee that all surfaces are sterilised and urge you to take your own precautions by following the WHO hygiene guidelines to maintain your personal safety. We will also be providing additional cleaning products on your arrival.
Check In and Check Out:
If a lockdown impacts our Seaforth office location, for everyone’s safety, all keys will ONLY be available from our key safe outside our office from 3pm on your arrival day. We will send you instructions on how to access these keys in your pre-arrival email. Please ensure you return keys on departure to the same place.
For all other times, our usual check in/out procedures will apply.
Cancellations and Rearrangements:
We appreciate that people may reconsider their need to travel and may want to defer their arrival.
If, due to COVID-19 travel restrictions imposed by the Government, you must cancel or rearrange your booking, and you booked directly with Property Providers after July 1, 2020, we are offering:
- Cancellations: You can cancel without penalty up to and including 60 days prior to the arrival date for a full refund of the total paid booking value. If you cancel your entire booking 59-30 days prior to arrival, we will refund 75% of the total paid booking value and will hold 25% of total booking value, in credit for a future booking within the next 12 months. For cancelations received less than 30 days prior to the arrival date, a full credit of the total paid booking value will be issued. For other cancellations, our usual cancellation terms apply.
- Partial Stay Cancellation: If your stay is cut short (i.e. you arrive later than the confirmed check in date or must vacate the property before the confirmed exit date), the unused nights will be deemed a cancellation. For these nights, a credit of the unused nights booking value will be issued and held for a future booking within the next 12 months.
- Rearrangements: Any requests to rearrange the dates of booking or extend the stay at the property, whether related to COVID-19 or not, will be subject to the usual terms and conditions.
- Bookings made through an online channel: For bookings confirmed through 3rd party channels (i.e. HomeAway, Airbnb, Booking.com, Stayz etc) the cancellation policy for that specific property applies. Please check the property listing in the selected channel for details.
- COVID-19 Credit Terms: Any credit issued related to the COVID-19 Cancellation Terms must be used for a new booking within a 12-month period of the original arrival date for the booked property. (This means you must book a stay within 12 months of the original arrival date. You do not need to stay within this 12-month period). If this property is unavailable, the credit can be transferred to any property within the Property Providers’ portfolio. Credits are not redeemable in cash and are fully transferable to friends or family under the same credit terms.
- Validity: The COVID-19 Cancellation Policy is only applicable for direct bookings with Property Providers where a guest booking is impacted specifically by Coronavirus related Government imposed travel restrictions (i.e. border closure or lockdown impacting your departure point or destination).
This policy is not valid for:
- Other cancellation reasons, not directly or indirectly related to COVID-19 travel restrictions
- Travel restrictions which cannot be validated by advice on a government website or official source; or
- guests who book through an online channel.
For any new bookings, bookings made via a booking channel, existing bookings arriving after 30 March 2021, or for all other cancellation reasons, our standard change/cancellation terms apply.
Our Commitment to Supporting You:
We’ll keep you updated on any new developments that could impact these plans. This may be a complex time for you, but we are here and ready to help.
Last updated: 31 May 2021