peace of mind.

Rent your home or investment property with confidence.

Our partners at Terri Scheer and ShareCover offer a selection of insurance policies that can cover damage, theft, liability, and more.

   Get a Terri Sheer Quote

   Get a ShareCover Quote

Terri Sheer




Insurance gives you peace of mind to avoid financial and emotional stress.

Why buy landlord or short-stay insurance?

It protects your assets from theft or damage. Depending on the policy you buy, it can also cover loss of rental income and protection from liability for injuries in your property, plus other benefits.

  • Plan for the unexpected.
  • Minimise your risk.
  • Reduce stress.
  • Decrease your financial exposure.
  • Protect yourself & your tenant and guests.
  • Tax deductable.

Is landlord insurance worth it?

Why buy this insurance?The good news for property owners is that these policies can work in tandem with your existing policy or as stand-alone comprehensive cover, offering three coverage options:

Landlord Coverage

Landlord coverage for full time investment properties rented on a standard lease. This is stand-alone comprehensive cover covering the tenant’s use of the property and damage by storms, bushfires, flood etc.

Short-term Policies

Short-term rental policies are useful for owners who rent up to 6 or 12 months. It is comprehensive coverage either as a stand-alone policy or in addition to your existing policy.

'Pay-per-night' Policy

For seasonal renters, ShareCover's ‘Pay-per-night’ policy can be taken out for casual guest rentals (less than 90 days). It is flexible cover for the duration of each stay and works in tandem with an existing home and contents insurance policy.

The PDS from ShareCover and Terri Sheer will explain the policies and coverage.

Insurance FAQs

Insurance is designed to help reduce your risk. We ask our owners to contact your insurance company to advise them that they plan on having guests or tenants in the property. As best practice, we suggest that you take out speciality short-term rental insurance as some home and contents policies do not cover long term leasing or short term rentals to guests. This is because short term renting or leasing is considered a commercial income stream and it not covered under personal, residential homeowner’s insurance.

It’s your property, so it’s your call. We insist all of our property owners have comprehensive cover to suit their needs. We’ve also prepared some more details to help you understand insurance coverage for short term rentals and leasing.

We hold various insurance policies to cover our risks and obligations as your agent, including $20M public liability, $10M in professional indemnity, $10M in workers compensation and other business insurances. These policies don’t cover your obligations as an owner or landlord if you are legally liable or if your property is damaged by a tenant, guest or natural disaster.

In short, no. Most landlord policies will only cover ‘loss of rent’ when a short-term rental property is so badly damaged that it cannot be lived in or rented out to guests or tenants. Property Providers’ guest cancellation policy provides details in these situations.

Some home and contents insurance may not automatically cover your property for short term rentals or long term leasing. The good news for property owners is that these policies, can work in tandem with your existing policy or as stand-alone comprehensive cover. Ask your insurer to clarify your coverage, just to be sure.

The owners corporation will have building and public liability insurance for the outside of a strata building, but not for the inside of each apartment. For example, if a water pipe breaks, the strata scheme will fix the pipe, but they will not pay for any internal damage to paint work, carpets and floorboards. There may also be loss of rent in this situation, which would not be covered.

We’re not insurance experts or suggest that these insurance partners are right for you and your property. Do consult the policy FAQs PDS for full details on their policies and coverage. For full disclosure: If you choose a ShareCover or Terri Sheer policy, Property Providers earns a small referral fee, which does not inflate the premium you may pay (just tell them you were referred by us each time you buy a policy).

ShareCover is backed by IAG, Australia’s largest general insurance group

IAG is the name behind some of the most trusted and respected insurance brands including NRMA Insurance and CGU.
Standard & Poor's has assigned a 'Very Strong' Insurer Financial Strength Rating of 'AA-' to the Group's core operating subsidiaries.
ShareCover is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFS Licence No. 227681 trading as ShareCover Enterprises. When making decisions about a product, always read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). For home policies, please also read our Key Fact Sheets (KFS) for buildings and contents which set out some of the events/risks covered and not covered by our home policies and other information you should consider. This information does not provide a complete statement of the cover offered, exclusions, conditions and limits that apply under the policies. You should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and all policy documentation for more details.

Terri Scheer Insurance is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Suncorp Group, one of Australia’s largest insurers.

More than 8000 Property Management offices across Australia offer Terri Scheer Insurance cover as part of their all-inclusive service to landlords, making Terri Scheer the most referred landlord insurer in the country.
Covers you for tenant-related risks including loss of rental income and loss or damage to your contents and building by the tenant.
Property Providers, as a distributor, is allowed to deal in insurance products as a representative of Terri Scheer Insurance Pty. Ltd. Terri Sheer Insurance is issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 AFS Licence No. 230859 trading as Vero Insurance. In arranging your insurance, Terri Scheer Insurance Pty Ltd ABN 76 070 874 798 AFS Licence No. 218585 acts under authority given to it by Vero Insurance. Registered Office, Level 28, 266 George Street, Brisbane QLD 4000.
Any advice about the insurance products described in this website is general advice and has been prepared without taking into account anyone’s objectives, financial situation, or needs. Anyone intending to acquire a policy should consider the appropriateness of this advice together with the Product Disclosure Statement relating to the policy before making any decision about whether to purchase a policy.